The Annual Dinner is next Saturday at Villa Manor in Winslow and tomorrow is the deadline for buying tickets (To buy a ticket, contact Linda Dugan at r2Bgtboys@aol.com). Here are 10 reasons why you should plan on going, if you aren’t already.
10 Reasons To Buy A Ticket for the Annual Dinner
- Other than at weddings, what other chance do you have to see people you know from camp dressed up?
- Good food. This isn’t church potluck we’re talking about here. We’re talking “going out to dinner” food.
- Catch up with friends. Making plans with camp friends can be difficult to coordinate. Plan to attend the dinner and replace “we should get together some time” to “come to the dinner on March 31.”
- Baskets. You need to be at the dinner to bid on the incredible items available in the silent auction.
- Support the camp, support the campers. When you consider the cost of running the camp, $40 a ticket for helping the camp and having a nice meal you didn’t have to cook is a bargain.
- Linda Dugan will love you for it. Make Linda’s day by buying a ticket. We promise it will be worth it.
- Kentucky’s going to win. You don’t need to actually watch the games to figure that out.
- Jamie Damm, aka Jamie Darn, is speaking. Jamie’s been around camp a long time so there’s no telling what stories he might tell about you. Make sure you are here in case explanation is needed.
- See the impact. It’s not always obvious the impact the camp has had on generations of people. At the dinner you’ll be able to not only visualize that impact, but you’ll be reminded of the many ways God has worked through the relationships that have been built and the experiences of being at camp.
- It won’t be the same without you. Delanco Camp was founded by a group of ministers in 1898 and it continues to exist today because of you. Through your prayers, gifts, time and talents, the camp has continued into its third century. We want to celebrate that with you because you’re part of that legacy.
- You’ll get to cast the final votes and find out the winner of the Blog Madness Food Fight.
The Delanco Camp Blog has moved. Go to delanco.org/dc-blog for new posts.